Schwab Advisor Services says it is organizing a new conference for emerging registered investment advisor firms.
The conference, which it is calling Engage, is for firms on the Schwab and TD Ameritrade advisor platforms with up to $300 million in client assets. The conference will be held for the first time on April 26, Schwab says.
Conference speakers will include Charles Schwab head of advisor services Bernie Clark, Schwab Advisor Services chief operating officer Jon Beatty, Charles Schwab managing director of emerging clients Tom Bradley, Charles Schwab chief investment strategist Liz Ann Sonders and TD Ameritrade chief market strategist JJ Kinahan, Schwab says. Advisors will also be sharing best practices at the conference, the firm adds.
Attendees will be exposed to the tools, resources and best practices to run and grow independent practices, according to Schwab.
“We recognize every firm has different priorities, depending on where they are in their lifecycle, so we’re excited to introduce a new event that meets the unique needs of smaller firms,” Clark said in a statement.
Schwab Advisor Services says its other events for advisors include:
- Advantage, which is for firms with $300 million to $1 billion in client assets that want to expand strategically and build a differentiated client experience. Advantage is in its sixth year and this year’s event will take place March 16 to March 18 in Scottsdale, Arizona. It will be Schwab’s first national, in-person event for advisors since 2019.
- Explore, where the industry’s largest firms can hear from industry leaders and share best practices with peers. Explore is in its 23rd year and is invitation-only, with this year’s event taking place this summer in person.
- Impact, which Schwab says is the RIA industry’s largest and longest-running conference of its kind, now in its 32nd year. This year, Impact will take place November 1 to November 3 in Denver and for the first time will be a hybrid event. Impact will have breakout sessions, exhibitions and networking opportunities, with featured keynotes and other sessions livestreamed on November 2.
- Solutions, which is a deep dive into Schwab’s tools, technology and services for advisors to accelerate growth and improve how they work with their clients and with Schwab. Solutions is a combination of virtual and in-person events, with this year’s virtual event being held August 10 to August 11.
Schwab Advisor Services says it also holds town halls for all clients hosted by its leadership team as well as executive forums for smaller groups of clients across the country.
“Bringing advisors together to learn and grow is critical to the continued vibrancy of our industry. It’s not always easy to take time away from running your firm, but we believe it’s critical for business owners to stay connected, exchange ideas with their peers and invest in themselves,” Clark said in a statement. “By developing a full range of events and educational resources — and a variety of ways to access them — we’re working to help firms of all sizes reach their growth goals and build on our industry’s remarkable success.”
Schwab says that its educational offerings for advisors include:
- Trading services and strategy desk: Schwab is adding TD Ameritrade Institutional’s Strategy Desk, which will allow Schwab advisors to access free educational resources including one-on-one options strategy consultations for portfolio-specific needs. Advisors can also attend weekly trading-related webcasts with Schwab strategists and special guests to earn CE credits on a range of topics as well as receive a weekly newsletter from the strategy desk.
- Virtual practice management and business consulting and education: Schwab’s virtual practice management programs provide strategic guidance and best practices on topics such as cybersecurity, strategic planning, ideal client persona and client value proposition to advisors. Advisors can also access Schwab’s RIA benchmarking study, a monthly webcast series on business consulting and education, cybersecurity and talent resource centers and thought leadership.
- WashingtonWise and regulatory updates: Advisors can listen to WashingtonWise, a podcast series with a non-partisan view on issues that matter to investors hosted by Schwab vice president for legislative and regulatory affairs Mike Townsend. Twice a year, Schwab hosts a regulatory update webcast with Schwab legal and regulatory affairs experts covering topics aimed at helping advisors navigate regulation. The next event will be held on May 19.
- Market and investment insights and ideas: Advisors can check Schwab Advisor Services’ market and investment insights page for commentary on market and investing trends, including from Sonders and chief global investment strategist Jeffrey Kleintop.
Do you have a news tip you’d like to share with FA-IQ? Email us at email@example.com.